A watering ban has been in place since April 15th 2017, which is much earlier than usual. Now everyone is being encouraged to conserve water during the summer.
8 simple hints for conservation
Water supply is everyone’s responsibility. Even if you have your own water/well, you should conserve. Following are some ideas of what you can do:
- Shower a maximum of 4 minutes and turn off the water while shampooing/scrubbing.
- Take a shower instead of a bath. (Unless you bathe in the sea, of course :)
- Make sure your dishwasher and washing machine are full before running them, and use a short cycle.
- Do not wash dishes under running water; use a sink plug or washing bowl.
- Fill a pitcher with water and refrigerate instead of letting the water run from the tap until it gets cold.
- Close the tap when you brush your teeth.
- Is your toilet an older model? Put a brick or two inside the water tank to cut down on the amount of water used when flushing.
- Water your garden with rain water.